Thursday, June 5, 2008

You and success.


Define success. What is it? What does it look like? Do I have it? If I had it, would I know it? What does it feel like? Is there a price tag attached to it? What sort of APR (annual percentage rate) comes with it? If I had it would I be comfortable with it?

Success comes in many different forms and means different things to different people. How one person may perceive it isn't necessarily how another might. For some it's defined by the well-stocked bank account, for others by the drained accounts. Perhaps by how many credit cards one has in their purse or wallet or maybe by the one and only credit card in the purse or wallet. By the number of cars in the garage or having one car in the garage that's paid for. By the few hundred pairs of shoes in the enormous walk-in closet or the single pair of broken-in flip flops worn to the beach everyday. The ultimate investment portfolio or an enormous portfolio of photos of children growing up and treasured times shared. Keeping up with the Joneses or not knowing who the Joneses are.

I have my own ideas about success and how I measure it, but I'd like your thoughts on it, please fill me in.

Also, check out this article, it's a good one. A good reference piece that I'll go back to again and again for that often needed dose of positive thought.

1 comment:

Sekhar said...

Hi Jeff! This is one awesome article - not just for entrepreneurs - but for anyone that needs a dose to positive thinking - I am a big fan of you, not just for your tips @ the gym, but for your thinking and the person that you are. It is nice knowing a wonderful person like you. Keep them coming, and keep inspiring! :)

Best,
Sekhar