Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tour de Lance '09!

Sheer joy. I've had a smile on my face all day. America's cycling and cancer awareness icon is returning to ride. And not just ride, but ride in the 2009 Tour de France (and a few other events). I couldn't be happier. And, I don't think I just speak for myself when I say I've missed seeing him and his dominate performance each year in France's signature event. I've been geeked on cycling my entire life and to see LA again revitalize American cycling and continue his huge contributions in so many ways to cancer awareness is awesome. Yes, I've followed the Tours since his departure because for me that's what the month of July has always been about (other than it's my birth month.... barely) but it's not been the same. Not even close.

Thanks Lance. You've made my day and my year. Looking forward to seeing you, once again, in yellow and the French, once again, seeing red.

No comments: